Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted reports directly to Parliament and they are independent and impartial. They inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages. To find the inspection report on any educational organisation visit the Ofsted website: www.ofsted.gov.uk If you would like a copy of this document in a different format, such as large print or Braille, please telephone Ofsted on 08456 404045, or email: email@example.com
At Winchmore we have very high expectations from all our staff and students.
Mr Owen is very proud of the commitment and hard work from all the staff and students who work tirelessly to make Winchmore School a very good school, and we are working our way to becoming an “Outstanding” school.
Our latest Ofsted inspection was October 2013. Ofsted has judged us to be a good school
- The headteacher, ably supported by a determined and energised team of senior and middle leaders and a strong governing body, has strengthened leadership and brought about improvements in the quality of teaching, students' achievement and their behaviour. His vision and impact are valued by the whole community.
- Teaching is consistently good and some is outstanding. Teachers' expert questioning and passion for their subjects extend students' understanding.
- The sixth form is good. Students are well supported to make informed decisions regarding their next steps and career choices. They have plentiful opportunities to take on reponsibilities and make a positive contribution to school life.
- Behaviour is good and contributes well to students' achievement. They are great ambassadors for their school. Students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. They are keen and ambitious and respond well to challenge. The school is a harmonious community where students treat each other and adults with respect and courtesy and feel very safe.
- The school is proud of the contribution of the expressive and performing arts specialism to students' achievement and personl development. The wide range of activities and opportunities enriches the good curriculum and the life of the school and community.
You can rate our school or see how other parents & carers have rated it by visiting the Ofsted Parentview site - click here
Link to schools performance tables
Click on the link below (DfE logo) to view comparative data from the Department for Education - you can view detail on individual schools, or a comparison on screen. Data can also be downloaded from this site.