The London Borough of Enfield is the Admissions Body for
For all admissions into Winchmore School you will need to contact the London Borough of Enfield on 020 8360 5501.
Year 6 pupils will receive a booklet from the London Borough of Enfield with details of how to apply for a place.
Places for 2013-2014 were allocated on the following criteria
- Children in public care (looked after children) and children who were adopted (or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
- Children for whom a particular school is appropriate on exceptional medical grounds. Such applications will be considered under this criterion only if they are supported by an attached written statement from a doctor. This must demonstrate that there is a very specific connection between the child’s medical need and the school requested.
- Children with a brother or sister who will be attending the school at the time of proposed admission. The children concerned must be living at the same address.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children living nearest to the school measured in a straight line from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school. (Travel by private car or public transport will not be taken into account.)
When it is not possible to admit all applicants to a particular school within any criterion, priority will be given to those living closest to the school measured as in criterion 5 above.
For primary to secondary transfer, sibling priority will only be given where the older sibling will still be attending the school in the September that the younger child joins.
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs will be offered a place at a school if it is named in their Statement in accordance with the Education Act 1996 and the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.