Thank you for visiting the Winchmore School Governors Page.
The Governing Body for Winchmore School is made up of Parent, Co-Opted & Staff Governors who work in close partnership with the Head Teacher to ensure that Winchmore School is operating effectively and in the best interests of its pupils & staff.
The Governing body is structured across two main committees:
- Resources – which focuses on the financial performance of the school
- Educational Performance - which focusses on pupil progress.
We meet as a Full Governing Body 5 times a year, and a further 9 times throughout the year to discuss committee specific agenda items. Minutes for the meetings can be accessed from this link (include a link to a meeting minutes section)
Our main purpose as a Governing Body is to:
- Ensure that Winchmore School has clarity of vision, a strong educational and pastoral ethos and a clear strategic direction
- Hold Winchmore Schools Senior Leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Oversee the financial performance of Winchmore School with a view to ensuring its money is well spent
The Winchmore School Governing Body can be contacted via the school office:
C/O The Chair of Governors