PE Clothing for Boys & Girls
As part of your child’s education at Winchmore, they participate in Physical Education.
Every pupil must have a polo shirt, a sweatshirt, shorts and socks. An exception will be made for shorts on religious grounds, in which cases, black jogging bottoms should be worn.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT (depending on curriculum):
- Studded boots for football and rugby (in addition to trainers)
- Shin pads (compulsory for football)
- Gum guard (compulsory for rugby)
- Towel (optional)
All pupils will be required to bring full PE kit to school on the days that they have their lesson. PE kit should be appropriate for the activity. If pupils fail or forget to bring some part of their kit, they will be loaned clean school kit for that lesson.
If a pupil is not well – The pupil must still bring their FULL PE kit and a note explaining what is wrong. The pupil will be expected to change and take part in the lesson in a non physical role (i.e. coach, official, helper etc.).
Lost kit – If they have temporarily lost, or are unable to provide the correct school PE kit, they can bring alternative kit to wear for that lesson, provided that they have a note from their parent or carer. If they do not provide a signed note, then clean school kit will be lent to the pupil.
We strongly advise that you label your child’s kit ready for them to use at the start of the school year, and we look forward to welcoming your child.
For All Students
- Mobile phones are NOT allowed in school and will be confiscated.
- Leather/denim or coloured jackets are not allowed.
- Hats, caps, coats and scarves should not be worn inside the building.
- Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed in school and will be confiscated.
Pupils are expected to wear full school uniform on their way to and from school and throughout the school day. Uniform must be worn on all trips, and pupils will not be allowed to go unless they are wearing it.
- NO JEWELLERY other than one pair of small sleepers or stud in pierced ears may be worn, any other piercings or jewellery will be removed and items confiscated.
- Face piercings are not allowed as they present a Health and Safety risk.
- Any confiscated items will be available for collection on Tuesday afternoons after school on payment of £1.00.
- Extremes of hair styles are not permitted e.g. hair dyed red or blue etc, shaved patterns in hair.